Tired of seeing your pens, pins, clips, and stuff scattered all over your desk? Or you just want to add some personal touch to your workstation? Why not turn some old cans into a dual-purpose desk holder? It doesn’t only serve as a holder but you can also use it to post some notes and to-do lists by using magnets. Here’s how you can do it:
- Craft paper / gift wrapper
- Measuring tape
- Double-sided tape
- 4 pcs. tin cans of the same size
- Clean cans thoroughly and let them dry.
- Measure the height and the diameter of the can then add half an inch in the diameter for gluing. Cut the craft paper according to the measurement. You can also use different designs per can.
- Put double-sided tape, same as the height of the can, on one side. Then, stick the edge of the wrapper to the tape then wrap it around. Put some glue on the flap to secure it. Repeat step for the other cans.
- You can also decorate the mouth of your cans with beads; put some glue around the opening then put beads one by one. Use your creativity to play around with your cans.
- Using a glue gun, join the cans together by positioning them side by side, laying down—two on top and two at the bottom. make sure the glue will not be visible once done.
- Now, put it on your desk for that organized look!
***As seen on Celebrity Living October-November 2011 issue***